Frequently Asked Questions

Who is considered a "Member Insurer" for the Mississippi Residential Property Insurance Underwriting Association ("MRPIUA")?

A "Member Insurer" means any licensed insurance company authorized to write and is engaged in writing insurance against direct loss to residential property as provided by a standard fire policy and extended coverage endorsement thereon, including the fire and extended coverage components of multiple peril policies, on a direct basis in Mississippi.

If my company does not write any residential property lines of business should it file a report?

Yes. If your company writes commercial premium in the fire and allied lines of business it should file an insurers report with premium appropriately classified as non-residential.

Can affiliated companies file as a group?

The MRPIUA does not allow companies to file as a group.